By signing up and activating a Storefront store (“Service”) or any Storefront services (“Storefront”) you agree to comply to the following terms and conditions (“Service Terms”). Any functions and/or tools added to the existing Service shall be also subject to the Service Terms. You can review the current version of the Service Terms at any time from the Storefront website. Storefront reserves the right to update and change any Service Terms by updating the Storefront website. It is recommended you check the Service Terms from time to time for updates or changes that may potentially impact you.
Everyday language summaries are provided for your benefit and are not legally binding. Please read the “Service Terms” for the complete picture of your legal requirements. By using Storefront or any Storefront services, you are agreeing to these terms. Be sure to check back for updates occasionally.
1. Account Terms
- You must at least 18 years or older to use this Service.
- You must provide your full legal name, current address, valid email address, and any other information required in order to complete the signupprocess.
- You also acknowledge that Storefront will use the email address you provide as the primary method for communication.
- You are responsible to ensure your password is kept secure and not seen or used by unauthorised users. Storefront cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your negligence to maintain the security of your merchant account and password.
- You are responsible for all activity and content such as data, graphics, photos and links uploaded to your Storefront account (“Store Information”). You must not transmit any worms, viruses, information or code of a destructive nature.
- Breach or violation of any term in the Service Terms as determined in the sole discretion of Storefront will result in an immediate termination of your services.
Don’t use Storefront for anything illegal or transmit any harmful code or data. Remember that violation of these terms will lead to us cancelling your service.
If we need to contact you, we will send you an email.
- Subject to section 2.2, the person signing upfor the Service will be the contracting party (“Account Owner”) for the purposes of our Service Terms and will be the person who is authorized to use any corresponding account we may provide to the Account Owner in connection with the Service.
- If you are signing upfor the Service on behalf of your employer, your employer shall be the Account Owner. If you are signing upfor the Service on behalf of your employer, then you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your employer to our Service Terms.
- Upon completion of sign upfor the Service, Storefront will create if a selected option through PayAll Transactions a direct payment account, a FinYou merchant account, an eLayby Merchant account based on the account information provided.
- You acknowledge that PayAll will be your default payments gateway and that as the Account Owner, it is your sole responsibility to activate and maintain these accounts. If you do not wish to keepany of the payment accounts active, it is your responsibility to deactivate them.
- Upon signing upthrough Storefront,domain registration will be preset to automatically renew each year so long as your Storefront account remains active. Youacknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to deactivate the auto-renewal function should you choose to do so.
The person signing upfor the Storefront Service is responsible for the account and is bound by these Service Terms. If you signupon behalf of your employer, your employer owns the account and is also bound by our Service Terms.
We automatically create accounts for you to accept payments. You are responsible for activating and deactivating these accounts.
Any domain you purchase through us will automatically renew unless you opt out.
- Technical support isprovided to paying account holders and available via email at Technical Support.
- You may not use the Storefront service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws) as well as the laws of any country where Storefront is operating.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Storefront.
- You shall not purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use Snappy, Click or Storefront trademarks and/or variations and misspellings thereof
- Questions about the Service Terms should be sent to info@Storefront.
- It is important to understand that your Store Information (not including credit card information or personal information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit Card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
The Storefront service belongs to us. You are not allowed to ripit off or use it for any illegal or sketchy purpose.
Your content may be transferred unencrypted and may be altered, but credit card information is always encrypted.
4. Storefront Rights
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Store Information and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Service Terms.
- Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Storefront customer, Storefront employee or affiliate employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- Storefront does not pre-validate any Store Information and it is in at our discretion to refuse or remove any Store Information that is available via the Service.
- We reserve the right to provide services to your competitors and make no promise of exclusivity in any particular market segment. You further understand, acknowledge and agree that Storefront employees and contractors may also be Storefront customers or merchants and that they may compete with you, although they may not use your confidential information in doing so.
- In the event of a dispute regarding account ownership, we reserve the right to request documentation to determine or confirm account ownership. Documentation may include, but is not limited to, a scanned copy of your CPIC company registration, South African photo ID and other application and agreement documentation submitted for registration.
- Storefronthas the right to determine, in our sole judgment, rightful account ownershipand transfer an account to the rightful owner. If we are unable to reasonably determine the rightful account owner, Storefront reserves the right to temporarily disable an account until resolution has been determined between the disputing parties.
We can modify, cancel or refuse the service at anytime.
In the event of an ownershipdispute over a Storefront account, we can freeze the account or transfer it to the rightful owner.
5.Limitation of Liability
- You expressly understand and agree that Storefront shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the service.
- At no time shall Storefront or our
suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our services or this agreement (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, Storefront partners, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an ”as is“ and ”as available“ basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- Storefront does not guarantee that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- Storefront does not guarantee that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable.
- Storefront does not gaurantee that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
We are not responsible if you break the law, breach this agreement or go against the rights of a third party, especially if you get sued.
Service is “as is” so it may have errors or interruptions and we provide no warranties.
6. Waiver and Complete Agreement
The failure of Storefront to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Service Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Service Terms constitutes the entire agreement between you and Storefront and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Storefront (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Service Terms).
If Storefront chooses not to enforce any of these provisions at any time, it does not mean that they give upthat right later.
These Service Terms make upthe agreement that applies to you. This means that any previous agreements between you and Storefront don't apply if they conflict with these terms.
7.Intellectual Property and Customer Content
- We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Storefront service. All material you upload remains exclusively yours. You can remove your Storefront store at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove all content you have stored on the Service.
- By uploading Store Information, you agree: (a) to allow other internet users to view your Store Information; (b) to allow Storefront to display and store your Store Information; and (c) that Storefront can, at any time, review all the Store Information submitted by you to its Service.
- You retain ownershipover all Store Information that you upload to a Storefront hosted store; however, by making your store public, you agree to allow others to view your Store Information. You are responsible for compliance of Store Information with any applicable laws or regulations.
- You retain ownershipover all content that you submit to a Storefront store however, by making your store public, you agree to allow others to view your content.
- We will not disclose your confidential information to third parties, except as required in the course of providing our services. Confidential information includes any materials or information provided by you to us which is not publicly known. Confidential information does not include information that: (a) was in the public domain at the time we received it; (b) comes into the public domain after we received it through no fault of ours; (c) we received from someone other than you without breach of our or their confidentiality obligations; or (d) we are required by law to disclose.
Anything you upload remains yours and your responsibility. If you want to remove your content, just delete your account.
8. Theme Store
- You may establish the appearance of your Storefront store with a design template from Storefront’s Theme Store (“a Theme”). If you download a Theme, you are licensed to use it for a single store only. You are free to transfer a Theme to a second one of your own stores if you close your first store. You are not permitted to transfer or sell a Theme to any other person’s store on Storefront or elsewhere. Multiple stores require multiple downloads and each download is subject to the applicable fee. Storefront gives no assurance that a particular Theme will remain available for additional downloads.
- You may modify the Theme to suit your store. Storefront may add or modify the footer that refers to Storefront at its discretion. Storefront may modify the Theme where it contains, in our sole discretion, an element that may be unlawful, offensive, threatening, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, or that violates any person’s intellectual property, even if you received the Theme in that condition. Storefront may modify the Theme to reflect technical changes and updates as required.
- The intellectual property rights of the Theme remain the property of the designer. If you exceed the rights granted by your purchase of a Theme, the designer may take legal action against you, and Storefront may take administrative action such as modifying your store or closing your store.
- Technical support for a Theme is the responsibility of the designer, and Storefront accepts no responsibility to provide such support. Storefront may be able to helpyou contact the designer.
- It is the responsibility of the user, and not Storefront, to ensure that the installation of a new theme does not overwrite or damage the current or preexisting theme, or UI, of the user.
You can purchase our Themes to use for one store at a time. Feel free to modify our Theme, but respect that the designers own their Themes, so don’t infringe on their rights. For Theme-related problems, contact the designer. Note that Themes may disappear over time and are subject to change.
9. Storefront Experts
- Storefront Experts is an online directory of independent third parties ("Experts") that can helpyou build and operate your Storefront store. Storefront does not employ Experts and is in no way affiliated with Experts.
- Storefront does not endorse Experts and takes no responsibility for any work performed by Experts or failure to fulfill a work order. Links to websites of Experts, announcements about services or offers, and responses to email inquiries regarding Experts, are provided solely for informational purposes at the discretion of Storefront and shall not be construed or imply permission, or an affiliation, position regarding any issue in controversy, authentication, appraisal, sponsorship, nor a recommendation or endorsement of any website, product, service, activity, business, organization, or person, and any offers, products, services, statements, opinions, content or information on any linked third-party website.
- Under no circumstances shall Storefront be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or other damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or other damages that result from any contractual relationshipbetween you and Storefront experts. These limitations shall apply even if Storefront has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Experts are not employees of Storefront and we are not responsible for them.
10. Payment of Fees
- The service will be billed and collected by debit order monthly in advance. When your billing is ready for renewal the Account Owner will be sent an invoice via the email provided. Users have approximately two weeks to bring upand settle any issues with the billing. Should your store be deactivated you will liable to pay an R100-00 reactivation fee.
- All fees are exclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT), fees or charges now in force or enacted in the future (“Taxes”).
- Storefront does not provide refunds.
For live payment gateways, a valid debit order is required. You will be billed every calendar month in advance. and have 2 weeks to pay. Tax is not included and will be billed to your invoice. If your store is deactivated for non-payment a R100-00 reactivation fee is charged. No refunds.
11. Cancellation and Termination
- You may cancel your account in writing at any time by giving 30 days written notice by emailing email@example.com and then following the specific instructions indicated to you in Storefront's response.
- Once cancellation is confirmed, all of your Store Information will be immediately deleted from the Service. Since deletion of all data is final please be sure that you do in fact want to cancel your account before doing so.
- If you purchased a domain name through Storefront, upon cancellation your domain will no longer be automatically renewed. Following cancellation, it will be your sole responsibility to handle all matters related to your domain with the domain provider.
- If you cancel your service within the first year, the full domain registration cost of R125-00 will be recovered from you.
- If you cancel the Service in the middle of the month, you will receive one final invoice via email. Once that invoice has been paid you will not be charged again.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Storefront service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, Storefront may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Site.
To initiate a cancellation, firstname.lastname@example.org Storefront will respond with specific information regarding the cancellation process for your account. Once cancellation is confirmed, all your content will be permanently deleted, and domains purchased through Storefront will no longer be automatically renewed. If you cancel in the middle of the month, you’ll have one last email invoice. If you cancelled in your first year we will charge you R125-00 for the domain registered for you.
We may change or cancel your account at any time. Any fraud and we will suspend or cancel your account.
12. Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Prices for using Storefront are subject to change upon 30 days notice from Storefront. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Storefront Site (Storefront.com) or the administration menu of your Storefront store via a written announcement.
- Storefront reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Storefront shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
We may change or discontinue the service at anytime, without liability.
13. Optional Tools
- Storefront may provide you with access to third party tools over which Storefront neither monitors nor has any control or input into.
- You acknowledge and agree that Storefront provides access to such tools ‘as is’ without any guarantees, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. Storefront shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third party tools.
- Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third party provider(s).
- Storefront strongly recommends that merchants seek specialist advice before using or relying on certain tools. In particular, tax calculators should be used for reference only and not as a substitute for independent tax advice when assessing the correct tax rates merchants should charge end users.
We are not responsible for third party tools so use them at your own risk. If you use them you agree that we do not provide a warranty, so get advice beforehand.
14. DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedure
Storefront supports the protection of intellectual property and asks Storefront merchants to do the same. It's our policy to respond to all notices of alleged copyright infringement. If someone believes that one of our merchants is infringing their intellectual property rights, they can send a DMCA Notice to Storefront’s designated agent using our form. Upon receiving a DMCA Notice, we may remove or disable access to the material claimed to be a copyright infringement. Once provided with a notice of takedown, the merchant can reply with a counter notification using our form if they object to the complaint. The original complainant has 14 business days after we receive a counter notification to seek a court order restraining the merchant from engaging in the infringing activity, otherwise we restore the material.
Storefront respects intellectual property rights and you should too. If we receive a DMCA Notice, we may disable access or remove the allegedly infringing content from your website. If you don’t think the claim is valid, you can proceed with a counter notification.For everyone else this means,If you believe one of our merchants is infringing your intellectual property rights, you can send Storefront an infringement. We will expeditiously disable access or remove the content and notify the merchant. Be advised that we post all notices we receive.